The subject Kaumarbhritya tantra stands for, Neonatology and Pediatrics in Ayurved. The fact that ‘Kaumarabhritya is the foremost branch amongst the basic eight specialties’ of Ayurveda, highlights its importance. The scope of the subject ranges from conception of the foetus until late adolescence.
- Department is well equipped with charts & models.
- Departmental Library is well maintained.
- Department is running with regular OPD.
- Department focuses on Special Ayurveda treatment for specific childhood diseases like behavioural disorders , skin diseases, neurological ailments.
- Special OPD for growth disorders, developmental disorders, and neurobehavioral disorders.
- Various cases of Cerebral Palsy, Autism, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Metabolic disorders are managed successfully using ayurvedic medicines & Panchakarma therapies.
- Facility of Suvarna-prashana (the ayurvedic immunity enhancer) is available on the designated Pushya-nakshatra.
- Counselling sessions are performed by expert doctors for parents in view of malnutritious children.
- Arranging Various child health care programmes like suvarna prashan camp, school health check up, yoga and pranayam camps.
- To impart complete theoretical, clinical and practical knowledge to the students.
- To generate research minded, knowledge seeking and knowledge expanding clinicians and academicians.
- Conduct camps and health awareness programs with objective of imparting knowledge of basic Ayurveda among the school going children, parents and society.
- To systematize and impart Preventive Ayurvedic Pediatrics
|1||Dr. Bhanu Pratap Palke||BAMS, M.D. (Kaumarbhritya)||Lecturer|
|2||Dr. Manish Minj||BAMS, M.D. (Kaumarbhritya)||Lecturer|