- Shalakya Tantra which is one of the eight classical branches of Ayurveda deals with the description and treatment of organs seated above the clavicle region like Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat and Teeth. The Teaching and training about the disorders of the supra clavicular region is being imparted by this department.
- Department works under 3 major categories like Ophthalmology, ENT and Oro-Dental sciences. Department has developed the concept of speciality and taken up the task of individual OPD with specialised consultants for Ophthalmology, ENT and Oro-dental sciences.
- Department has come up with innovative practice of Netratarpan, Shirodhara, Seka, Aschyotana, Anjana, Bidalaka, Karnapoorana, Karna Dhoopana, Nasya, Kaval, Gandusha and Dumapana. A set of eye exercise kept in functioning as per the requirement of disease and patients. These units work on standard operative procedures for conducting each and every therapy.
- The department is well equipped with all ENT and Eye surgical chart and photos.
- The department has its own library
- Department has a computer, printer, digital camera, LCD projector.
- Tutorial room is fully reached with teaching learning facilities.
- Well equipped museum with surgical models, specimens, charts, instruments etc.
- Audio visual CD of surgical procedures.
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorder related wit Shalakya.
- Ocular physiotherapy specially yoga and eye sight.
- Kriya kalpa .
- To provide best possible patient care with utmost competence in the areas of medical, surgical, para-surgical management, focusing on Ophthalmic, ENT and Oro-dental care.
The main objectives of this department are to treat the diseased persons with various eyes, ENT, and Head related diseases, to prevent diseases by taking sincere effort on patient education regarding preventive aspects and life modifications and to pass out as a committed Ayurvedic surgeon an open minded researchers, an efficient clinician who highly efficient in the pre and post operative treatments and measures. Shalaky Tantra part first deals comprehensively study of various diseases of Netrarogas like Sandhigata rogas, Vartmagata rogas, Shuklagata rogas, Krishnagata rogas, Sarvagata rogas, Drishtigata rogas and other miscellaneous diseases. Part second deals with Karna, Nasa and Shirorogas and Mukha rogas. This part also deals with National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness. One out of the eight branches of Ayurveda, Shalakya Tantra deals with the aetiology, diagnosis, prognosis, prevention and treatment of diseases that are located above the human neck region. It is responsible for all types of problems in and around the head. The name of the branch is so called because of its excessive use of “Shalaka” , which means probe. The branch is also known by the name Urdhwanga Chikitsa.
|Dr. Chandrakant Upadhyay
|BAMS, M.S. (Shalakya Tantra)
|Dr. Shifali Sahu
|BAMS, M.S. (Shalakya Tantra)
|12th + D.M.L.T