Panchakarma department is a clinical department established to promote quality education to the students, with the motto of “swasthasya swasthya rakshanam aturasya vikara prashanam”. Panchakarma is the super speciality department of Ayurveda which deals with the treatment modalities like Vamana (therapeutically induced emesis), Virechana (therapeutically induced purgation), Basti ( therapeutically induced enema – oil and decoction based), Nasya (therapeutic nasal drops), and Raktamokshana (therapeutic bloodletting) and all types of Bahyasnehana (external oleation therapies), Swedana procedures( therapeutic sudation procedures) meant for deep and complete cleansing of the system to bring back equilibrium of deranged biohumors. Our department is focusing to provide classical knowledge regarding Panchakarma and its utility for various ailments from Pediatrics to Geriatrics specially emphasizing on Orthopaedic, rheumatology, neurology, pulmonary and other disorders.
- The Department is well equipped with charts and models of various Panchakarma Procedures.
- Departmental Library having various books of Panchakarma Therapy.
- The department is well equipped panchakarma theatres. The students are trained to perform various panchakarma procedures which are first taught by experts and later allowed to have hands on experience under the expert guidance, thus making them confident in employing panchakarma therapies. Also the students are subjected to role play classes which make them well versed in patient interaction.
- Evidence based practice to generate competent research based data in understanding the science of Panchakarma, diagnosis, management of disease and patient care as per global standards.
- “Enter to learn indian medicine and exit to serve the needy to create healthy society”
- To restore and rejuvenate the health and to manage and cure the diseases from pediatric to geriatric conditions by adopting suitable validated panchakarma procedures.
- To create awareness in the society and to educate students regarding the importance and uniqueness of panchakarma therapies.
- To uplift and uphold the role and importance of panchakarma in other specialities of Ayurveda.
- Achieving academic and clinical excellence through progression of scientific thinking and providing high standard resources to promote research and development.
- To impart classical method of treatments and providing more authenticated, scientific measures with traditional touch.
- To prepare skilled, dedicated, passionate Panchakarma Specialists to the society and to provide quality service in every possible place and means.
- To take up the research activities for in-depth analysis and applications of the Principles of the Panchakarma.
|1||Dr. Lilabati Mishra||B.A.M.S||Professor|
|2||Dr. Ashok Kumar Patel||BAMS, M.D. (Panchkarma)||Lecturer|