Kayachikitsa is an important branch amongst eight branches of Ayurveda deals with the multi systemic illnesses. Holistic approach in consideration of Prakriti (Body Constitution), Saara (Tissue Essence), Satwa (Mental health) etc Ashtasthana (Nadi Pareeksha etc), Dashavidha diagnostic’s tools and therapeutics with various medicaments (Detoxifying & Palliative) is the uniqueness of this speciality.
Another unique aspect of kayachikitsa is Rasayana (Rejuvenation) and Vajikaran (Aphrodisiac) Rasayan chikitsa is useful for promotion of health and curing enhances the sexual vigour and useful to procreate an ideal Progeny.
The role of mind in the causation and cure of diseases is well recognized in kayachikitsa, hence due importance is given to strict mental discipline and adherence to moral values. For the same postment of manasroga is described in kayachikitsa.Kaya Chikitsa mainly deals with the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of general diseases, such as skin disorders, diabetes, tuberculosis, rheumatoid arthritis and many other disorders. Charaka Samhita is the most important scripture on kayachikitsa.It discussed the basic principles of treatment, various types of therapies and purification or detoxification methods. Kayachitikitsa is the branch of herbal and holistic medicine, which delves deep into ascertaining the root cause of the illness. Kayachikitsa is a backbone of Ayurveda medicine. Kayachikitsa is essentially concerned with education, research and patient care in the area of Ayurvedic internal medicine and its clinical specialties.
- Deals with fundamentals of treatment of diseases.
- Learning the clinical skill for diagnosis and treatment modalities as per principles of Ayurveda.
- Dispensing of medicine as per individual patients.
- Principles and Practice of different regimens with follow ups.
- Department is well equipped with various charts & models.
- Departmental library is having various books.
- Department takes effort to prepare best clinicians and socially aware person for good health care facility.
- Department is interested in conducting research in providing cure & care for chronic disease with help of ayurvedic medicines.
- Department organizes Health Checkup Camp in nearby villages.
- Department took active part in prevention of epidemic by promoting Ayurvedic medicines.
- Department conduct seminars & clinical discussion.
|1||Dr. Vandana Fating||BAMS, M.D. (Kaya Chikitsa)||Professor|
|2||Dr. Leeladhar Sahu||BAMS, M.D. (Kayachikitsa)||Reader|
|3||Dr. Srishti Chandrakar||BAMS, M.D. (Kayachikitsa)||Lecturer|
|4||Mr.Bhuneshwar Nirmalkar||8th Pass||Attendant|